Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Accredited training programs at SAVAHCS
- Southern Arizona VA Health Care System provides training programs for a variety of health disciplines. SAVAHCS has accredited training programs in podiatry, optometry, pharmacy and psychology.
- Veterans Choice Card, Accessing Community Care
- The Veterans Access, Choice, and Accountability Act of 2014 changed VA healthcare to help Veterans seeking timely medical care. Southern Arizona Veterans can choose eligible health care providers outside the VA system.
- Yoga for Veterans- A Choice to Improve Health
- Since May of 2013, Veterans at the Southern Arizona Veterans Health Care System have chosen to get involved in improving their health by participating in Yoga for Veterans classes.
- What’s Your Health Age?
- What’s your health age? Take the healtheliving assessment to find out! My HealtheVet’s healtheliving assessment (HLA) can help you find out. The HLA is available 24/7 on the My HealtheVet website.
- CLINIC-BASED TELEHEALTH SERVICES EXPAND CARE OPTIO
- Clinic-based telehealth programs at the SAVAHCS enable the facility to treat more Veterans, decrease hospital admissions and provide options for Veterans to receive specialty care without leaving their home or clinic.
- Proactive, Personalized and Patient Driven Care
- Proactive, personalized & patient driven health care is how VA seeks to support positive personal health behaviors. The choices we make when each and every day have a great impact on our overall health and well-being.
- SAVAHCS Conducts First Value Stream Analysis to Im
- Last month, a talented group of SAVAHCS staff joined forces to develop and implement a systems-wide strategy to improve inpatient flow and, more important, the patient care experience.
- SAVAHCS’ Efforts to End Veteran Homelessness
- Tucson VA strives to end Veteran homelessness through outreach and community collaboration by end of 2015. One Veteran’s experience reveals the impact security has on our well-being.
- Racing for the Gold Standard: Mental Health Open
- The Mental Health Care Line organized a Rapid Process Improvement Workshop (RPIW) to implement a new process designed to improve a Veteran’s access to care. Using the VA TAMMCS model.
- Serving Veterans in the Criminal Justice System
- Veterans in the Criminal Justice System: The Southern Arizona VA and the Regional Municipal Veteran’s Treatment Court collaborate to serve over 400 Veterans to legal services.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- You can have MS but MS does not have you
- You can have Multiple Sclerosis with limited mobility and still have passion for the causes that are meaningful to you. Read this story about Army Veteran Brian Pettyjohn who does just that.
- Roots of VA Health Care Started 150 Years Ago
- On March 3, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln signed a law establishing a national soldiers and sailors asylum. Today's VA evolved from that facility established for Civil War Veterans of the Union Army.
- 81-Year-Old Veteran Chooses Rehab Over Surgery
- Korean War Veteran Victor Ferentino, 81, was a runner for 60 years. After a spill in Manhattan he did his research and chose rehab at his VA Physical Therapy clinic over surgery.
- A Veteran Who Was on Iwo Jima 70 Years Ago Today
- This week is the 70th anniversary of the raising of the flag on Iwo Jima. "Woody" Williams, 91, was there and received the Medal of Honor for his courageous action on that memorable day.
- VA's Veterans Crisis Line Saves Lives Every Day
- We've answered more than a million-and-a-half calls from Veterans in crisis. And helped with 45,000 rescues. The Veterans Crisis Line helps prevent suicides by providing immediate crisis intervention.
- List of Presidents who were Veterans
- Do you know how many of our Presidents served in the military? As we celebrate President's Day, here is a list of Presidents who are Veterans. From George Washington to George Bush.
- American Sniper Highlights Veterans' Readjustments
- The recent box-office hit American Sniper sheds light on how difficult the transition to civilian life can be. VA has in-person, online and telephone-based services that can help.
- A Day of Caring and Sharing with America's Veteran
- At VA medical centers across the country, thousands of Americans will express their Valentine's wishes of love and gratitude to Veteran patients during VA's annual National Salute to Veteran Patients.
- She Knew Something was Wrong with Her Heart
- VA is joining the American Heart Association to fight heart disease in women Veterans. Here's the story of one woman Veteran who received life-saving treatment at a VA Medical Center.
- Veterans: Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
- Did they pick February to be Heart Month because of Valentine's Day and all those heart shapes? Whatever. It's a great time to remind Veterans of the everyday things you can do to stay heart healthy.