Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
VA is providing COVID-19 vaccines, as authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Supply varies by facility. Get more information about COVID-19 vaccines at VA.
VA is now offering Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to Veterans, spouses and caregivers who have already received a full series of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at least six months ago. Not all VA facilities are offering Pfizer booster shots. Learn more about COVID-19 booster shots in VA.
You can also receive your Pfizer booster outside of VA. You can locate a vaccine site at https://www.vaccines.gov/search/. Make sure to take your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card when you go!
We continue to encourage all eligible individuals to get vaccinated.
President Joe Biden signed the SAVE LIVES Act into law on March 24, 2021, expanding VA’s legal authority to provide COVID-19 vaccines to all Veterans, regardless of their VA health care enrollment status, as well as Veteran spouses, caregivers and some beneficiaries.
As part of VA’s efforts to vaccinate every eligible Veteran who wants to be vaccinated, the Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) is offering the COVID-19 vaccine to all Veterans registered in VA health care who wish to receive the vaccine.
- Registered Veterans in VA Health Care should call (520) 629-4729 to schedule their vaccine appointment.
- Non-registered Veterans, spouses of Veterans, or approved caregivers are encouraged to sign up at https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/sign-up/introduction to let us know their interest in receiving the vaccine. We will contact those who have signed up for a vaccination appointment
The walk-in COVID-19 vaccination clinic at the Tucson Main campus is located in Building 80, Saguaro Clinic
Veterans who are not enrolled can learn about eligibility, and those who qualify, may apply for enrollment.
COVID Resources and Links-
When You've Been Fully Vaccinated
Information on Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine Pause
FDA information on COVID-19 vaccines: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines#basics
Information on Myocarditis and Pericarditis Following mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination
VA public health information on COVID-19 vaccines
- English: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/index.asp
- Spanish: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus-esp.asp
- Tagalog: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus-tag.asp
VA YouTube video on the 3Ws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1iuCSKUUsU
Veterans' Health Library-COVID-19 vaccine health sheet: https://www.veteranshealthlibrary.va.gov/Search/142,41602_VA
Veterans Health Library-mRNA vaccine video: https://www.veteranshealthlibrary.va.gov/Resources/VideoLibrary/?e=0#player:138,a61023
VA providers discussing COVID-19 vaccine for women (Podcast): https://www.spreaker.com/user/11014928/womenshealth-covid19vaccine-cosby-christ
- Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.